Application Support Engineer
- Location: Bristol
- Contract: Permanent
- Salary: £Negotiable
Our software supports the care of 15million patients, handling 70 million transactions p.a. in the UK NHS market. While our twenty five plus team work mostly from home, we do maintain an office in the centre of Bristol and have regular company wide meet ups. Our agile culture is very much developer / engineering focussed and high standards are expected because that’s what we would want should we become patients.
The Technical Services team is delivering customer success, including the provision of first and second line support, implementation consultancy as well as business process analysis with client sites. The customer support is responsible for resolving any product-related issues quickly and efficiently, including a broad range of queries from system setup to diagnostics, enhancing and developing the solution for the customer (pre-sales).
We’re looking for an engineer to join our existing support team in providing support to our customers. The candidate will be responsible for fault diagnosis and resolution of the Epro solution, reporting and tracking tickets, and keeping customers updated during the process. You will ensure a highly available, resilient and maintainable system at all times. Queries raised by a ticketing system, calls, emails and other means must be managed through to resolution to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
The environment you will join is one of excellence and excitement as the company expands with new clients and introduces new product features. You’ll be a vital interface between the company and the customer base and will develop an understanding of why we put our customers and their patients first.
The role may include out-of-hours and on-call work, and, rarely, customer facing work on weekends.
- Elements of 1st and 2nd line support — first point of escalation for all technical support issues via telephone, email and remote control for the range of modules the solution provides
- Understand product modules / features as configured at a customer site
- Capture key information, assess and prioritise all help desk tickets
- Escalate technical issues to developer teams where necessary
- Reproduce errors locally or in the client’s test environment
- Locate, view and analyse Epro (our application) error logs
- Locate, view and analyse Windows error logs
- Use SQL to diagnose data problems
- Resolve and close problems and issues in line with customer SLAs, including training and configuration issues, ensure that customers are kept up to date at all times
- Improve internal processes and tools
- Participate in 24/7 on-call support rota
We are looking for a person with strong technical understanding as
well as excellent communication skills with the ability to explain
things in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing to our
customers. The ability to communicate effectively with different
audiences (developers, technical engineers, management) is essential. We
expect excellent organisation skills along with good time management,
and the ability to cope well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
High level accuracy with attention to detail will be required at all
times, handling multiple tasks and prioritising workloads. The
successful applicant displays a can-do attitude and has a flexible
approach to work in accordance with business requirements.
A strong technical background and experience with most of:
- ITIL, ITSM and help desk principles
- SQL Server administration
- SQL syntax
- Windows Server management
- Powershell / Automation
- IIS / ASP.NET
- Debugging (web) applications
- C# (advantage, not a must)
- Microsoft Azure
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills
- Good written and spoken English (for when you respond to customers)
- Customer Service skill
All staff have a personal responsibility to contribute towards an inclusive and supportive environment for colleagues.
Staff have a personal responsibility to:
● Ensure their behaviour is not discriminatory and does not cause offence
● To challenge the inappropriate behaviours of others
● Adhere to the company’s values, including ‘Respecting Everyone’
Health and Safety
Under the provisions contained in the Health and Safety at Work Act
1974, it is the duty of every employee to take reasonable care of
themselves and their colleagues.
Line Managers are responsible for the health and safety management of all activities, areas and staff under their control.